Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Procession West at Spruce Grove Art Gallery

I have known since last summer that our Procession West exhibition would be shown at the Spruce Grove Art Gallery.  A condensed version of our full show was accepted as the Feature Artists for the winter of 2014.  In the back of my mind I knew that the show was coming up in March.  For the past couple of weeks I've meant to head over to the gallery on the weekend and check out the available space.  With so many things going on the last little while I just never got around to heading over there.  Finally last night I dug out the contract to check the exact dates and the details of the show.  To my dismay I discovered that I was supposed to install the show this morning, and supposed to have sent in a list of images two weeks ago.
Last night I sent a frantic e-mail to the gallery apologizing for my carelessness.  This morning I got on the phone and tried to get in touch with the lady that coordinates exhibitions.  As it turns out she was on vacation down in Arizona.  I finally managed to connect with her and with some of the other gallery staff.  As it turned out I got things together just in the nick of time.  The previous show was actually taken down just this morning.  I gathered up our prints and delivered them to the gallery just after lunch.  By 2:00PM in the afternoon, just a couple of hours behind schedule, everything was installed and ready to go.  No harm done and the gallery staff were happy and quite pleased with our work.  The official opening reception is coming up this on Saturday afternoon.  The ten prints included in this small exhibition will remain on display for about three weeks, until March 15th.  The gallery is located in the Melcor Cultural Center in a space shared with the local library.  The address is 35 - Fifth Avenue, in Spruce Grove, Alberta.  Here are some photographs of the gallery space, just as I was completing the installation.
I really must be getting old as I sure seem to be forgetful lately.  Not only did I almost completely overlook this exhibition...  But this evening, when the family went out for dinner, I accidentally left my truck running outside the restaurant the entire time....  Sure was lucky that no one hopped in it and drove away...






No comments: