Saturday, February 15, 2014

Old Photo

My cousin loaned me an old photograph of our uncle.  The original is a small, worn print that was originally a little on the dark side.  Unfortunately we don't have the original negative.  My Dad's older brother John, who passed away of a brain tumor back in the 1990's is the guy in this photo holding the bottle of Whiskey, and wearing the toilet seat around his neck.  The two on either side of him are his cousins, Howard and Irwin. The fourth guy, holding the cup, is a friend of theirs. It seems these four young guys headed down to the Calgary Stampede, probably sometime in the late 1940's and found themselves in a little trouble with the law. I scanned the old print and managed to fix it up a little in photoshop, so that I could print some extra copies.


No comments: