Tuesday, January 1, 2013

New Years Eve

By the time I returned from my day trip out photographing, it was shortly after 4:00 in the afternoon.  Brother in law Shawn and his kids, Bethany and Garrett, were already at the house.  The roast I had prepared early that morning was in the oven and smelling really good by the time I put all my camera gear away.  We sat around visiting for a while and then had a great New Years Eve dinner.  It was really good, and the fact that there were no leftovers, despite ample quantities, suggested that everyone really enjoyed the food.  At around 8:30 we all dressed up and walked over to the neighbourhood community hall for a fireworks show.  It was still quite mild and pleasant and none of the kids seemed cold, except for little Helena.  She always feels the cold right away; due to her heart issues and limited circulation.  At 9:00 the fireworks show got underway, and it was pretty impressive for just a small local event.  The kids really enjoyed it while it lasted, and afterwards we walked back home for hot chocolate.  Shawn and his kids packed up and headed home by around 10:30.  My early morning start was really beginning to catch up with me so I went to bed and fell asleep long before the clock struck midnight and the year rolled over to 2013...



No comments: