Thursday, January 3, 2013

A brief visit...

On January 2nd the girls and I went to visit their Opa, my Dad, at his new residence.  My shop is closed for an extended holiday break, though I had to go in for a couple of hours in the morning to let an installer in to work on a computer changeover.  Once that was behind me, the rest of the day was free.  By the time I got back home from the office, the girls were just waking up.  After lunch we headed over to Riverbend to visit my Dad.  It turns out that he may not be here at this residence for very long.  He has had a few minor incidents already, and it seems as though the staffing levels and the amount of care that Dad requires, is not really available here.  We expect to have to move him yet again, to a facility with a higher level of care.  But for now he will remain here until something more suitable becomes available.  
I think we may have chosen the wrong time of day to visit.  When we arrived Dad was having a nap in his room.  He looked very peaceful snoozing in his reclining chair, next to a bright sunny window.  I noticed in the sign in book at the front door that my brother Greg had also been to visit him a little earlier.  The girls and I woke Opa up and had a short visit with him.  He was really tired and dozed off on us.  So we kept the visit brief, and will come back another day.





No comments: