Monday, December 17, 2012

Tis the season...

A very busy time of year to say the least.  The skylight business is into the slow time of year and I am just attempting to wrap up several outstanding projects before we shut down for an extended Christmas break.  I will have two weeks away from the office and will only need to occasionally check in.  Hopefully the weather is mild and I get a chance to get out with my cameras.  So far this fall that has not been the case.  It wintered in early this year with the snow coming to stay in mid October.  We now have an accumulation of around a foot, and the temperature has been below average in recent weeks.  But, maybe that will come to an end in time for the holidays.  We wrap up the year at work with a staff barbecue on Friday afternoon, and then won't return to work until the 7th of January.
The girls have been busy as well, and getting anxious about the upcoming holidays, and the visit from the big guy in red.  The two older girls had their Christmas Concert at school last week.  Little Helena was in her first dance recital ever, a Christmas show yesterday, at the Myer Horowitz Theater on the University campus.
My Dad seems to be settling in to his new situation nicely.  He moved into long term care last week and everything is going well.  I stopped in to visit him on the weekend and asked him how he liked things so far.  He was not upset or complaining and seemed pretty accepting of the changes that were taking place.  The facility seems well run and they make a point of making sure all the residents remain as engaged as they can, and don't just sit alone in their rooms.
I'm continuing to struggle with the selection process for my part of the Procession West show.  Rob and I got together last week and went over a bunch of our images.  He has almost all of his images printed, and they look really good, especially next to my unfinished work prints.  Everytime I think that I have my list of images put together, I start second guessing myself and decide that I'm not really happy with what I have.  So I dig back into my archive of over 5000 negatives and keep looking for something better.  It is time to stop procrastinating and get serious about this.  I need to stick to my selection of images and get to work printing them.  I will get back into the darkroom and get busy later this week, and then hopefully find some time to get really serious about it, over the holidays.

No comments: