Sunday, December 2, 2012

Winter Hockey - Game 13

Margarit and I went out last night to a house party to celebrate my friend Rob's birthday.  We had our niece Bethany over to babysit the girls, and were looking forward to a rare evening out.  It was a great evening and we really enjoyed the visit.  I know Rob is not really a night-owl and he was probably anxious for us to get the hell out of his house....  We eventually did, but not until around midnight.  It was later than I expected as I had to get up early on Sunday for a hockey game.  Running on about four hours sleep I dragged my old carcass out of bed at around 5:30AM.  I was at the rink on the north side of the city by 6:30AM.  We played a game against the Ice Hawks and I was surprised that almost all of our regular guys made it... though some were a little green in the gills...  We had a backup up goaltender, a friend of one of our spares.  He plays ball hockey on a regular basis, but had not been on skates for several years.  He was more than a little shaky, but did a great job for us.  He was pretty flexible and athletic so even though his skating skills were a little rusty, he made some great saves.  It was a pretty close game but we ended up on the right side of a 9-7 final score.  This solidifies our hold on first place as we approach the half way point of the 30 game regular season.

No comments: