Sunday, December 2, 2012

Monochrome Guild - Fall Meeting

On Friday November 30th the Monochrome Guild members met at my place for our Fall Meeting.  This was probably the best attended meeting ever.  There were ten members and two guests present.  We reviewed a number of prints presented by various members, including a few of mine.  I came away with some suggestions as to how to improve a couple of my prints; helpful information as I work toward making the exhibition prints for Procession West...  
We also discussed an upcoming project.  This will be called "Greatest Hits" and will be a Retrospective on the 10th Anniversary of the Monochrome Guild.  As I think back it seems like just yesterday that I started the group.  I remember some of those early meetings when only one or two other photographers showed up...  We struggled with keeping things moving forward and gave some serious thought as to whether or not it worthwhile to carry on.  Ten years later the group is thriving and there are a number of new members.  Most are new to film, having grown up with digital.  None are great printers yet, but they are keen to learn and passionate about film based photography.  This project will feature some of the best images of the Guild members, taken between 2002 and 2012.  Once we get things put together we will submit a package to some galleries for consideration.

No comments: