Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Another Batch of Ilford SFX

A rather frustrating week for me at the end of July.  Some genius in civic government decided that re-surfacing the roads in our neighborhood would be an acceptable alternative to the complete re-construction that is really necessary, given the fact that everything is over 40 years old.  All this despite the fact that they played the same game a few short years ago.  An incompetent contractor that was undoubtedly the "low-bidder" was hired but was seriously lacking in communication skills.  So, the no parking signs went up and we were not allowed to park on our street.  As the long weekend drew nearer, I became more and more anxious to bring our trailer home, so that we could pack for our weekend travels.  Nearly two weeks later, following numerous trailer moves, and countless phone calls, the bulk of the re-surfacing was completed today, yet it is obvious that patching and further work remains necessary.  What a collosal waste of taxpayers money!! Eventually we snuck the trailer home long enough to get packed up and head out for the long weekend.  We spent a very relaxing three days at Ram Falls on the Forestry Trunk Road.  I have a number of snapshots, as well as some more serious images from that trip, that I will post in the coming days.  The current stumbling block remains the fact that my computers hard drive is full, and I can't download any further images from my digital camera.  Thank goodness for film!!!  When we returned from our weekend trip I processed a few rolls of Ilford SFX that were shot in my 6x24 panoramic camera.  This film has extended red sensitivity that approaches the look of true infrared films.  I'm beginning to fine tune the exposure and processing of this film, and am getting closer to the "Look and Feel" that I have been striving for.  This batch includes a shot of the aspen grove along the Miette River in Jasper National Park, an image of a country road south of the city, a couple shots of the boulders at Red Rock Coulee in southern Alberta, and finally a couple images taken along the Ram River this past weekend.







Hopefully in the coming days I can resolve my computer issues and will be able to download and post some additional images.  There were a lot of wildflowers blooming in the front ranges of the Rockies, and I think I captured a couple of acceptable images.

No comments: