Wednesday, July 24, 2019

More Game Camera Photos

 A few weeks ago the batteries in my game camera died.  I discovered that two weeks ago when I was out there with my German relatives.  I changed the memory card at that time, and put in fresh batteries.  This past couple of weeks the camera has been recording images of the wildlife.  In the winter months I put out a salt block, and some oats for the deer.  About the time that the bears come out of hibernation, I stop the feedings.  We don't want to attract bears, and there is enough natural food around that the wildlife doesn't need the handout.  But so far the game animals keep coming around on a regular basis, I suppose hopeful that I will feed again.  I have not seen any elk out there since last February, but my camera captures them on a regular basis.  Seems they only come around when we are not out.  The deer are around all the time and the bucks now have nice antlers in velvet, and there are a couple of young fawns.  When I put fresh batteries in the camera I forgot to reset the date and time, so the information on these recent shots is incorrect.  I will have to fix that next time I go out.




No comments: