Tuesday, September 4, 2018

Lots of Visitors

The girls and I were out at Nordegg for the long weekend.  Rob from Action Security Cameras came out for a day trip on Saturday, and installed our security cameras for us.  I had the CAT5 wires roughed in from way back when we did the electrical, and put up the boxes.  I bought the cameras months ago and had them in storage.  Now I purchased the recorder and router and had Rob come out and hook everything up for me.  We mounted and aimed the cameras properly and got everything all set up.  With these in place I no longer need to us my game camera as a makeshift security camera on the driveway.  So I moved the game camera back into the woods behind the cottage.  We often see deer hanging around back here.
The girls and I were watching a couple of White Tail does on Monday during the day, but other than that we didn't see any wildlife back there.  When I pulled the memory card from the game camera and checked it, I found that there was a lot more activity back there than I thought.  In addition to the does, we also had a visit from a cow elk and her calf, and several White Tail bucks in full velvet.  Mostly they were around early in the morning, just before and after dawn.





No comments: