Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Exploring

In recent weeks I've been in contact online with a fellow photographer, also based here in Edmonton. Jim and I have similar interests, as he is also interested in abandoned buildings and old sites of historical significance.  I recently provided Jim with directions to one of my favorite places, and he was kind enough to share a couple of his.  On Sunday Feburary 14th, I set out to visit a couple of them...  
Both were relatively close together and despite the fact that I got a late start, I felt I would have time to check out both.  I wasn't able to spend much time at either location, but I made time to take a record shot with my view camera at each one, as well as a bunch of snapshots with my digital camera.  
I definitely need to return to both locations when I have more time, and do some more serious shooting with the big camera.  On this day I didn't even leave the city until around noon.  It was overcast and cloudy all morning and the skies were just beginning to lighten by the time I left.  As with the last few days it cleared right up by afternoon, and the temperature rose up to very comfortable levels, well above freezing.
Thanks to Jim for this and I will return on another day, ready to more seriously explore with my view camera.  For now here are a few snapshots taken that afternoon.










No comments: