Monday, March 21, 2011

Renegades - Games 28 & 29

The Renegades played two hockey games last week.  I missed the first one, at late one on Tuesday night, as I was down with the stomach flu.  Most of our players missed this game due to the awful ice time, and only our goalie and ten skaters showed up to play.  One of our guys got ejected after a body check behind the play and some "beaking" at the officials.  Despite having to finish the game with only nine skaters, the guys managed a victory over the first place Chiefs.  Then on Saturday afternoon we played again, against the last place Phantoms.  We got a little cocky and took our opponents for granted.  They started a rally in the second period and ran the score close at 6-5... but then we settled things down, took control, and managed to score six unanswered goals for a 12-5 victory.  After all my lecturing to the team about taking dumb penalties I had to eat a little crow as I ended up taking three in this game.  It was a case of "do as I say... not as I do".  With one game left in the regular season we are currently in second place.  We can finish no higher than second, and no worse than third.  The playoffs start in early April, and wrap up by the middle of the month.  I've already started collecting fees from the guys to register the team for the summer season, which starts at the beginning of May.

No comments: