Saturday, September 18, 2010

September Day Trip

My eldest daughter Hailey [turning 8 next weekend] and I went out for a day trip on Saturday afternoon.  The weather was cool and partially overcast, but a lot better than what we've been experiencing the last few weeks!!  We set out from home around noon and headed east.  We took a shortcut through Elk Island National Park and ventured off to the northeast, into Lamont County.  The harvest was in full swing and crops were ripening, being swathed, and getting combined all over the place.  Hailey was shooting with her new digital camera, an early birthday gift.  I took out the 8x10 View Camera for the first time in several months.  We spent a great afternoon together exploring and photographing.  As the light faded in the evening, we headed back into the city and went out to a restaurant for dinner together.  I have posted a few color images that we captured together that afternoon.  I look forward to being able to process some of the large sheets of 8"x10" film that I shot that day and scanning and sharing those later.

No comments: