Wednesday, September 20, 2023

Service Station

Once again... more images taken on Ilford HP5 and developed in 510 Pyro Developer.  I processed this batch on Thursday September 7th.  I thought that some of my previous batches were a touch thin, so I increased the development time a little this time around.  I think somewhere in between is probably where I need to be, and the refining shall continue.  I took this shot down in Crowsnest Pass last fall.  This historically designated building was once called Arctic Gas.  I really liked the art deco look of the design and tried to capture that in this image.
It would have been nice to take a step back and take in a little more of that curved step in front of the door.  But, my tripod was right up against some parked vehicles so that was not really an option.
I took this shot on September 25th of 2022, at about 12:45 in the afternoon.  It was taken with my Ebony view camera and a Rodenstock 90mm lens.  As the front of the building was in shadow, I did not use any sort of filtration.



No comments: