Sunday, September 24, 2023

Flooded Grasses

This one is also from the recent batch of Ilford HP5 developed in 510 Pyro.  I shot this earlier this spring, out near my cottage in Nordegg.  I was wandering around down by Shunda Creek.  This was a short time after we had some heavy rain mixed with wet snow.  I believe that this was just before the wet June weather that resulted in my crawlspace getting flooded.  It appears that these grasses became inundated as a result of a backup of Shunda Creek behind a beaver dam.
I was drawn to the random pattern that was created by the grasses in the water.  That is the shoulder of Coliseum Mountain that is visible in the background, and the subdivision that our cottage is in is located on the flanks of that mountain.
I shot this on June 12th at about 3:15 in the afternoon.  I used my Ebony view camera and a Schneider 110mm lens.  I used a polarizing filter to remove reflections from the surface of the water, thereby darkening its value.



No comments: