Sunday, July 9, 2023

Working Through the Weekend

I stuggled with my cold through the whole long weekend.  It got rather cool and overcast for most of the weekend, and showered off and on.  I ended up staying in Nordegg a day longer than I originally expected, hoping that I will get over the cold a little more, and not be contagious when I go back home to the city.  
I keep working through the weekend and into the first week of July.  I got two coats of the "Buttercup Yellow" paint on all of the interior doors.  While I had brushes and rollers dirty with this color, I also painted the interior side of the main entrance door.
On Tuesday July 4th my cousin Vic and his wife Susanne stopped by for a visit.  They were camping nearby with friends and wanted to stop by and say hello.  Unfortunately Margarit was not out this time so she was not able to join in on the visit.  But we plan to all get together out here at the cottage sometime in August.
I tried to play a round of golf on the afternoon of the 4th and had a tee time booked at 3:00 in the afternoon.  But, when I showed up at the clubhouse, the skies broke open and it poured rain.  This was the first time I left the property since I arrived before the long weekend, and I wasn't away for long.  I decided to take a literal rain check, and went back to the bungalow and carried on working.
I cut up a piece of cherry hardwood that I brought out from the city, and glued together the parts to make two picture rails for our kitchen in the city.  I've been meaning to do this for years and just haven't gotten around to it.  All my tools are out here at Nordegg, which makes it difficult to do much back home in the city.  Next time I come out I will continue and round off all the edges and corners, sand them, and then stain then to match our kitchen cabinets.
With my decision made to stay for an extra day I decided to install the doorknobs and latches on the three interior doors.  The paint was fully dry by Wednesday so I spent the morning installing this hardware.  In the afternoon I made a quick run over to the dump to get ride of some garbage, and then headed back over to the golf course.  It was mostly sunny, with a partially cloudy skies, and the temperature got up to about +25C.  The course was busier than I have seen it so far this year but I managed to get in nine holes.  Every time I play my score gets just a little lower than my previous round.  This time I shot a 45 on the par 32, 1999 yard course.  Nothing to brag about but at least I'm going in the right direction.
There have been chipmunks all over the yard the whole time I was here.  There were three at a time on the bird feeder on occasion.  The feeder, which holds a significant amount of seed, was emptied in just a few days.  There was a pair of Evening Grosbeaks hanging around the feeder on Wednesday too.  The male is so colorful with his bright yellow plumage and I managed to get a snap shot of him with my phone.















No comments: