Thursday, February 4, 2021

First Sheet processed from the new Chamonix 8x10

This is the first 8x10 negative, taken with my new Chamonix 810V view camera, that I have processed.  It is not the first picture I took with the camera... just the first one to be developed.  This is an old house in Barrhead County.  I found this house together with my friends Arturo and Fred when we were out on a daytrip back on January 18th.  In recent days it has become very cold, and getting outside with a view camera is not really an option.  We have put any future plans on hold for the time being and will have to retreat indoors until it warms up.
This image was taken with a slightly wide 240mm lens and a #25 Red Filter on Kodak Tri-X Pan 320 film.  The sky was open and the light clear and crisp.  Even in this scan the resolution of this large negative is apparent.



No comments: