Sunday, February 14, 2021

Dohentral Garage

This is one of my old negatives that I rediscovered when I was organizing all my 8x10 stuff.  I shot this one back in the summer of 2009.  I remember that day well, as I had forgotten my note pad at home.  Those notes had records of what type of film was loaded in each of my film holders.  I had to guess at what I had, and it was a total disaster.  Some infrared film was grossly underexposed.  And some color film was shot with Red contrast filters, intended for Black and White.  This is one of the few images that worked.
This old garage was located in the town of Lavoy, out in Minburn County.  It would have been wonderful to get inside the old building and see what was in it.  I never got that opportunity, and a short time later it was torn down.  So, unfortunately I only have a few images of this place, and no other record.  Sadly that fate meets many interesting old structures.....


  

No comments: