Wednesday, May 13, 2020

Early View Camera Work

I purchased my first view camera in the summer of 1996.  The first full year of shooting with it was in 1997.  This images was taken in August of 1997 with my Sinar F1 Monorail View Camera and a Nikkor SW 75mm lens, on Agfa APX 100 film.  This was a trip out to the Coal Branch, south of Hinton.  I haven't been back into this area for nearly 20 years so I'm not sure what remains?  Friends have advised me that the Mountain Park area has been ripped up by the development of the Cheviot coal mine, and all that remains is the old cemetery.  This is an old photo studio in the town of Cadomin.  I hope to get back out in the area later this year to explore again, and see what remains.




1 comment:

Off the Beaten Path - with Chris & Connie said...

We'll be riding shotgun! It was about 1997-ish when we were last there.