Friday, May 8, 2020

Cemetery

On the way back to the city we came upon a large cemetery.  I was familiar with this one and had stopped here before.  The central part of the cemetery consists of a large number of graves of nuns and priests from a nearby monastery.  The evening light was fading and Hailey and I made a quick stop here to photograph some of the headstones.
We soon realized that I had messed up the Hasselblad camera system.  I thought that the film magazine that I had provided Hailey with, to shoot for the day, had been loaded with a roll of Agfa APX-25.  It turns out that the magazine was actually empty, and that most of the shots that she thought she was getting, didn't exist.  I was really upset with myself.  I guess that's what happens when a person gets old and forgetful.  I suppose that spending almost all my time at work, and not using the gear regularly, contributes to the problem.  It has probably been close to two years since the Hasselblad has seen the light of day.  Hailey was a really good sport about it.  We loaded a fresh roll of film and she was able to re-capture the last couple of shots of the day.  
I really enjoyed being out with her for the day and I'm more grateful for the time we spent together, than for any negatives that might result.  Hopefully she feels the same and is willing to get out with me again sometime soon.
By the time we packed up here, the wonderful day was coming to a close.  We pounded the pavement back to the city and got back home by about 8:30pm... in time for a late dinner.




No comments: