Monday, August 27, 2018

Something Different

Last weekend I finally took a break from construction and went out and did something else.  I left work a bit early on Friday afternoon and headed down to East Coulee.  There I met up with my  friends Chris and Connie, and Rueben.  We crashed for the night at the shop and then first thing the next morning we headed East to Saskatchewan.  This would be a weekend of photography and an escape from working on the cottage.
Over the last 20 years I have shot an average of nearly 400 sheets of 4x5 black and white film per year.  Up until this weekend my count for the year is around 40.  The cameras have been put in storage and my usual outings have been put on hold while I focused on getting our cottage finished.  Now that the cottage is well on the way to completion, I can take a short break and try to relearn photography.  I know that I will be slow and clumsy and make some mistakes and I struggle with reacquainting myself with the equipment and the process.
In a few upcoming posts I will share the details of this trip and post some of the snapshots.  Then later, once I get some of my film processed, there will be more images to post.
While I went to Saskatchewan, Margarit and the girls headed out to Nordegg.  The vinyl plank flooring was installed in the cottage last week so we can now begin to take furniture and stuff our there, and begin to set things up.  The wood stove is working and everything is now functional.  From now on things will be a little more relaxed out there as the heavy lifting is essentially done.  There are still a number of things remaining to do, including kitchen cabinets, baseboard and trim, interior doors, railings, etc.  But I can take a little more time at this stuff and spend part of my time out there relaxing and enjoying the mountains.

No comments: