Saturday, December 16, 2017

The View Through

Here's another new one.  This film was just recently processed.  It was part of a batch of Kodak TXP-320 film that I processed back in late November.  I use my Jobo processor for developing this large format Tri-X film in PMK developer.  PMK is a pyro based developer that imparts a proportional stain in the negative.  The image was taken in low winter light last January.  This is the now abandoned concrete arch bridge over the North Saskatchewan River, near Borden, Saskatchewan.  If you look closely you can see the new steel highway bridge on the right, which now carries the Yellowhead Highway over the river.  This shot was taken at the end of January 2017 when I was travelling to Saskatoon to attend the gallery exhibition for Procession West at Saskatchewn Craft Council Gallery.  I used my Ebony view camera with a Rodenstock 90mm lens and a #22 Orange filter.  It was a fairly pleasant day, though the wind seems to be ever present and quickly chills the fingers and extremities.  The low winter light provided nice contrast, plus the orange filter enhanced that a little, so I didn't bother to give any extra development.


No comments: