Friday, June 2, 2017

Spring Photo Weekend

I think this is one of the first negatives that I've been able to process and scan from the Spring Photo Weekend trip.  This is the trip that happens fairly regularly most years, with the members of the Monochrome Guild.  Andy, Peter, Steve, Daniel and I spent a weekend in the Columbia Valley near Fairmont.  This particular detail shot was of the Templeton River.  I used Ilford FP4+ film in my Ebony 4" x 5" camera.  The film was processed in Perceptol developer, diluted 1:1.  I used a 300mm lens for this shot so that I could get in tight on the highlights of the water spilling over this cedar log.  The exposure was at F45.0, to hold depth of field, for 16 seconds, which nicely blurred the water.
This is my first blog post in quite some time.  I've been having issues with one of the hard drives on my computer.  I have managed to back up virtually all of the files but the drive itself has now crashed completely.  I need to find time to get my system torn apart so that this drive can be replaced.  Between that and summer hockey games and kids activities I just haven't found time to get around to posting much lately.  Hopefully I can catch up with a few posts over the next little while...!


No comments: