Wednesday, June 14, 2017

10 Voices Submission - Rejected

Visual Arts Alberta put a call out for submissions last spring.  They are sponsoring a gallery exhibition that will be hosted, later this year, at both the Northern and Southern Alberta Jubilee Auditoriums.  A variation of this show takes place every year.  This time around they were considering both digital and traditional photography.  They were choosing a number of works by 10 artists.  I sent my submission package in way back in the spring.  Today I received an e-mail advising that my submission had NOT been accepted.  I understand that they plan to exhibit 30 pieces... three works each by ten artists.  I'll be curious to see what made the grade.
In hindsight I think it is probably a good thing that my submission was turned down.  I didn't have any of my work printed yet and would have had to find the time to make exhibition prints from the negatives that I selected and submitted as digital scans.  I am having staffing issues at work at the moment and working long hours.  I'm also not able to take any of my scheduled days off.  We are busy this summer with the construction of our summer home at Nordegg about to get started.  I think I have to put my submission plans on hold for a while until my schedule settles down a little.  For the moment all I really have time for is work, a little family time mostly on weekends, and my weekly hockey game for exercise.

No comments: