Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Aurora Borealis

Friends of mine are into photographing the aurora, and astro photography.  I have never attempted it in the past.  With film it was much more challenging but with current digital cameras, it is much easier.  
When we got out of the last show at the Spring Fest in East Coulee back in early May, and headed back over to the trailer, set up at the shop, the two girls and I marvelled at the spectacular display of northern lights that was dancing across the sky.  I had my digital camera with me, and a wide angle lens, but no tripod.  I had only brought along a monopod, thinking that would be all I needed to photograph the musicians.  I made my first ever attempt at photographing the aurora.  Because it was such a spectacular display I managed a not bad shot of the lights dancing over the shop in East Coulee.  Its a little blurry and unsharp due to camera movement during the long exposure.  I tripod, as opposed to the monopod that I had with me, would have resolved this.


No comments: