Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Sunday Day Trip

I've finally got caught up on editing all my digital photos from the Oregon trip, and writing all the blog posts for the 11 days that we were away.  Mostly I wrote draft copies... kind of like a diary... on a day to day basis while we were travelling.  Then I touched up these drafts and added the photos once we got back home.  Now that all that is looked after, I can ramble on about some more current events...
This past Sunday I headed out for a day trip.  None of the girls wanted to come along, so I headed out by myself.  Even though I only spent a three day week in the office I was kind of burnt out by the return to work, and all the recent driving.  I was hoping to head out for a day trip, do some exploring, shoot a little film, and just unwind.  The light was pretty nice, so I set out to drive some backroads and hopefully find some cool old buildings.  Many buildings are difficult to photograph with the big camera in winter as the snow is often fairly deep and some of these places can be quite some distance back off the road.  Later in the spring, when the snow melts down, they are easier to get to, but often very ugly with old patchy rotton snow still scattered about.  Now that the snow is all gone, access is easier and things look a little better.  It's not all that obvious in a black and white image that the grass isn't green yet so the barren trees are the only clue as to how early in the season it really is.
This day turned out to be extremely windy.  Setting up the big camera in these gale force winds would be out of the question.  I had hoped to find an interesting interior, but nothing seemed to really catch my attention.  I ended up driving around for the afternoon and only came back with a few snapshots.  But, there are a couple of locations that I would consider returning to when conditions are better...







No comments: