Wednesday, April 15, 2015

LMAO...!!!

Last Sunday I went out for a day trip.  The girls all stayed home and helped their Mom do some tidying and some chores around the house.  I had promised them that if they did a good job, I would take them for ice cream in the evening.  It is amazing the power of a little motivation.  By the time I returned they had got a lot accomplished and the house was well on it's way to being cleaned up.  We went out for some pizza and after supper I took them over to Diary Queen for an ice cream treat...
While we were there I overhead the conversation of a family that was sitting at the booth behind us.  Here was this older, frazzled looking guy that seemed completely overwhelmed by his four children.  He looked to be in his mid to late fifties.  His wife was younger, but he was no cradle robber and she appeared to be at least in her forties.  They had four very young and active children.  The two oldest ones looked to be twins and had to be about five.  The youngest one was still in diapers.  This poor guy was tearing what remained of his hair out, trying to ride herd on these four very energetic kids.  They were of course making a mess with their ice cream and he just could not keep up to them.  It was obvious that the frustration level and the stress was rising quickly.  I silently Laughed My Ass Off...!!!  
Finally we had run across parents that were older than us.  I was almost 40 when Hailey was born and had just turned 45 when Helena came along.  I can't recall ever running into parents that were older than us, but finally it happened.  I could really identify with the impatience and frustration this poor guy was going through...

No comments: