Monday, April 20, 2015

Busy Weekend

Spring seems to be upon us a little early this year.  It was my 52nd birthday on Friday and I can remember many years when there was still snow on the ground on my birthday.  Not this year... the snow is all but gone.  If you look hard enough you might find a patch of ice somewhere in the shade, mostly where it was piled up from snow removal.  It is very dry and dusty and we could actually use some rain.  It's a little too early for spring to be arriving and the grass is not yet turning green, and the trees are just in the early stages of budding.
I arrived home from work on my birthday to a surprise party... a Mexican Fiesta.  Margarit and the girls had the basement decorated and a bunch of mexican food prepared.  I was rather burnt out from a long busy week and hopefully I was reasonable company.  It was a relatively low key affair with just the family, my Mom, and Margarit's Mom in attendance.
Saturday was pleasantly mild, but there was a very strong blustery wind, much like last weekend.  I ran a few errands and worked on some paperwork around the house.  In the evening we went to visit some friends in the neighborhood.
On Sunday Margarit and I had plans to go out for a day trip.  It was a mostly sunny day, with mild temperatures, and the winds had finally let up.  We offered the girls the opportunity to come along, but they wanted to stay home.  Margarit and I didn't head out until the crack of noon.  We drove up through Elk Island Park and into Lamont County.  At first we didn't find anything particularly interesting.  But, by afternoon we found ourselves up in the Willingdon Hills.  Here we stumbled across a few cool old buildings and spent a few hours exploring and photographing.  I think I came back with about 10 sheets of film exposed in the big view camera, as well as some digital snapshots.  Margarit also did a little shooting... on 35mm film.
We made it back home in time to have supper with the girls, and then everyone eventually settled down for bed... looking forward to the upcoming school week.....

Not quite sure if this guy couldn't figure out how to spell "Observed" or if he couldn't spell "Absurb" but we both got quite the chuckle out of it....  It's almost as though the stains are like a finger, pointed at the highlighted spelling error...!!















No comments: