Wednesday, January 7, 2015

More TMX Negatives

Here are scans of a few more of my recently processed 100 T-Max negatives.  These were all processed in X-Tol developer, after being exposed at 200 iso.  Upon further review of my recently posted test negatives, I think I need to give slightly more exposure, to better hold shadow values, and slightly less development, to slightly suppress some of the highlights that were getting slightly blown out.  These are minor refinements to the very beneficial information that I was able to glean from these recent test images.
The scans included here were from the same batch, but I did not shoot duplicate negatives of these... at least not on 100 T-Max film.  I have duplicate negatives of all of these images, but they were on different films, so they can not be compared for the purpose of assessing alternative developers.  All of these images were taken in 2014, most on various outings late in the year.
I will continue to refine this film and developer combination over the coming year, as well as several others that I want to pursue.  I just bought some fresh chemistry which will permit me to mix up a batch of Glycin Stand Developer.  This developer is used with little or no agitation and is ideally suited to images with a lot of low values.  The lack of agitation supports shadow values, without allowing the highlights to get blown away.  When I find myself in suitable lighting situations I will expose duplicate negatives, and set them aside for processing in this developer.  When I have accumulated a batch of suitable size I will process them, and compare them to my standard developers.  I'm not sure yet exactly which films I will consider for this... probably more of this Kodak 100 T-Max as well as perhaps some Fuji Neopan Acros and maybe some Ilford FP4+.








1 comment:

Unknown said...

Robert, I am loving your work! Awesome shots!