Sunday, January 4, 2015

Kodak TMY400

Way back before the holidays I processed at batch of 4" x 5" Kodak T-Max 400.  My typical developer for this film has been Kodak T-Max Developer.  This developer is actually not recommended with sheet film as it is prone to uneven development.  I have certainly experienced that in the past but have come up with a regimen that includes minimal agitation and that has seemed to resolve the problem.  However, I am beginning to feel that this is not the best developer for this film, at least for the subject matter and lighting conditions that I am inclined to work with.  In the coming year I will be doing some experimentation with both X-Tol developer, and 510 Pyro.
This particular batch included a mix of negatives that received both normal and plus development.  I am generally happy with the results, but feel that there is room for improvement.  These were all taken on various outings and weekend trips during 2014...

Dead Greasewood, southern Alberta Badlands, October 2014

Balanced Rock, southern Alberta Badlands, October 2014

Bridge Ladder, Timber Bridge, July 2014

Doorway, abandoned school, June 2014

Gravel Pit Cars along Highway 21, May 2014

Mini Hoodoos, Starland Recreation Area, June 2014

Rills, southern Alberta Badlands, October 2014
This is the shot I was taking when a gust of wind blew my tripod over, damaging my camera.

Shelf Unit, Abandoned School, June 2014

Tipi Ring, southern Alberta Badlands, October 2014

Un-marked Grave, Dorothy, Alberta, July 2014

White Mushrooms, Ram River Valley, August 2014

No comments: