Saturday, December 21, 2013

Last Batch of J&C Classic

Almost a week ago I processed my last small batch of J&C Classic 200 film in 4" x 5" format.  In fact, I am now finished processing all of my backlog of Black and White sheet film that is designated for processing on my Jobo Processor.  Over the holidays I'm going to catch up on my backlog of color negative and color positive film.  Once I am finished with all of this, then I can put the processor away for a while and focus on printing and hand processing.  
I quite like the look of this J&C film for certain images.  It is a little rough around the edges, and not of the highest quality, but this was reflected in it's very low price.  It has sort of a gritty, sooty look to it, which works really well with subjects like sand, snow and dirt.  It is by no means a portrait film and the mood that it imparts looks best with subjects that are rough, harsh and strong.
These last few negatives were all taken in 2012 and very early 2013.  I think the ones that work best with this film are the ones that have this mood.  The softer more delicate images just don't work as well with this material.








No comments: