Wednesday, August 21, 2013

TXP in PMK - 4th Batch

I continue to plug away at processing my significant backlog of film.  This most recent batch consisted of 20 more sheets of Kodak Tri-X-Pan film in 4" x 5" format.  I still have at least 50 more sheets to go before I am finished, so this will be well over 100 sheets of this film that I have processed in recent weeks.  This is just one of several types of film that I shoot.  And, I am continually out shooting new work, so this remains just the continuation of an ongoing cycle.  This entire batch is from 2013, and the very end of 2012 so it appears as though I am finally finishing up with most of the really old stuff.  This batch included a few images from the fall fossil prospecting weekend down in southern Alberta...




And a couple images from the hike up Beauty Creek, to Stanley Falls, in Jasper National Park.  This was on the Fall Photo Weekend with some of the gang from the Monochrome Guild, last November...



A couple of shots out in the badlands from the Dad and Kids camping weekend in May of this year...



A spring day trip out along the David Thompson Highway out to the Kootenay Plains yielded a couple more images...



Finally, a portrait of Hailey down in Blackmud ravine, a shot from the trip out to Saskatchewan in June, a night shot of some storage tanks on refinery row and a couple shots of the old Southbend Motel sign round out this current selection.  Incidentally, not only is the old Southbend Motel now a vacant lot and a distant memory, but the old neon sign disappeared a few weeks after the track hoes finished demolishing the buildings.  I'm glad I captured a couple images of it when I did...






The next batch of TXP has already been processed and is currently dried and awaiting scanning.  I hope to get around to the last couple of batches over the upcoming weekend.  Then I can move on to some other films.

No comments: