Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Back to the Darkroom

With the framing and mounting of all the Procession West prints for the Art Gallery of Regina show now behind me, I decided to take a little break.  I still need to put together all the prints for the McMullen Gallery show coming up later in the summer, but I have some time.  Although I spent a lot of time printing over the winter months, it has been a long time since I've processed any film.  I haven't slowed down much in shooting, so the pile of exposed film waiting to be developed, continues to grow.  
I didn't have a whole lot of time this weekend but set aside an hour to process some film.  I decided to process some Fuji Neopan Acros 100.  This time around it would be medium format 120 roll film as I really didn't have time to set up the darkroom for sheet film processing.  I selected four rolls to process.  One of these was a roll taken with my 6x17 panoramic camera back in the summer of 2011.  One roll was taken with my Hasselblad during the Jasper family weekend a year ago, in 2012.  And the last two rolls were both from the recent trip out to Vancouver Island.  I scanned a few of the negatives that looked interesting and have included them here.  I can't wait to get back into the darkroom and continue with more film processing. One of the most exciting parts about photography is turning on the lights, pulling the film out of the wash, and taking a look at the negative for the first time.  Of course a lot of the time it is a big disappointment, but every once in a while something really jumps out at me...








No comments: