Monday, June 10, 2013

Art Gallery of Regina - Procession West

With a big push at the end to wrap things up I am finally ready for this show.  My prints have been done for quite some time but it has only been in recent days that I became focused on spotting, mounting, matting and framing the finished work.  I started last week, but got interrupted a couple of times for hockey games and various other commitments.  Last Friday I managed to get five more prints framed and ready.  Then on Saturday I put together eight more.  I now have all 18 of my prints finished and packed in shipping crates.  On Sunday I put together one additional smaller print.  This one will be donated to a fund-raising silent auction at the gallery.  My friend Rob has all of his work packed and ready as well.  So... we are ready to roll...
On Thursday evening we will load the four shipping crates onto my truck.  Then very early on Friday morning we will hit the road for Regina.  We hope to arrive by mid-afternoon and drop off our prints at the gallery.  The installation will be undertaken by gallery staff early next week, and the show opens on June 19th, with the big fund-raising gala on June 22nd.
I have decided that while I am set up for framing and assembly I will continue and finish the eleven prints that I need for our next show, coming up at McMullen Gallery here in Edmonton in August.  I probably won't get these all done before we need to leave for Regina, but I would like to finish them up shortly after I return, so that everything is done and I can get on with other things.


No comments: