Tuesday, November 6, 2012

VAAA Open Photo 2012

Margarit and I attended the opening reception of the VAAA Open Photo Exhibition at the Kaasa Gallery in the Northern Alberta Jubilee Auditorium.  This was on October 26th.  Attendance was moderate and the catering mediocre.  We felt somewhat overdressed as most of the crowd was very casual and not very fitting of the occasion.  I must say that there were more present and a better mood at the Monochrome Guild's recent Friends and Family show.  My print, "Anna's Swing" was awarded an honorable mention.  It appears that mine, and two by fellow Guild member Gord Dinwoodie, were the only traditional prints.  All the rest were digital.  I did not agree with the selection of the judges as, for the most part, they seemed to prefer abstract and highly manipulated work.  Perhaps my honorable mention was not such an honor after all.  Nonetheless I accepted my certificate and we enjoyed the evening.  






No comments: