Thursday, November 8, 2012

Delta 100 - PMK

Just before I left for the Fall Photo Weekend I processed a batch of Ilford Delta 100 4x5 in PMK developer.  This batch was given N+1 Development to increase contrast.  PMK is a developer formulated by Gordon Hutchings and it consists of Pyro, Metol and Kodalk [Sodium Metaborate].  It is a staining developer that yields a brown negative.  The stain is proportionate to the amount of silver in the emulsion and it adds some density to the image.  Negatives developed in Pyro hold extreme highlight detail.  I quite like this particular developer and use it with both Delta 100 and Kodak Tri-X Pan.  I have to remember to process it with my Jobo processor as every time that I tray process the negatives, as I did this time, I end up with some scratches in the emulsion.  I finally found time to scan a few from this latest batch.  Most of these date back to 2009, but a couple are from 2011 and 2012.










No comments: