Friday, July 6, 2012

Busy Times

We were away camping on the July Long Weekend down in the badlands.  As has become the norm for us, the girls also managed to squeeze in a trail ride at the ranch.  On the way back home we made a short side trip and dropped off the trailer at Pigeon Lake, at my brother's cabin.  On the Tuesday after the long weekend, the girls headed out to the lake to spend the week with their cousins.  I had to return to work...

The Summer Hockey Regular Season wrapped up this week and the Renegades played the last two games, on Tuesday and Thursday, both against the Avengers.  We won both games and closed out the season in third place, with a record of 7-8-0.  The playoffs get underway next week.

In between work and hockey I have been trying to get this home renovation stuff finished up.  It is so much easier with the house to myself as I can stay up as late as I want or need to.  The subfloor is now in place in the living room and dining room, and just needs more screws installed to fully secure it.  Tonight I will finish up the subfloor in the hallway.  The girls will return from the lake on Saturday and then Margarit will finish up the last of the painting.  Most of our furniture is in storage out in our garage.  Looks like we will be ready for the installation of new laminate flooring to get underway, as scheduled, starting next Monday.

I am beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel.  Once this major project is out of the way then I can re-focus on some smaller chores and hopefully find time to get back to my photography.  I haven't found time to make a photograph with my view camera since early June, and also need to make time to get in the darkroom and work on some printing.

No comments: