Thursday, July 12, 2012

Home Alone

On Tuesday afternoon, after the long weekend, the girls headed back out to Pigeon Lake.  They took the little VW Beetle, which had just had a new motor put into it earlier in the spring.  This was the perfect opportunity to take it out for a spin.  Besides, Margarit's other vehicle was in the shop being serviced.  It was rainy at the beginning of the week, but got much better later on.  While the girls were out there I was very busy at home.  I played the last two hockey games of the Renegades summer season, both victories over the Avengers.  I was at work full time all week, and every evening focused my attention on getting the subfloor installed at home.  I also found a little time to process a couple of batches of film.  I think I was up until at least 1:00 or 2:00AM every night.  I processed 40 sheets of Kodak T-Max 400 in two batches of 20.  Some of these 4x5 negatives dated back to 2010, some were from 2011, and others were current work from 2012.  This included some studio portraiture as well as still life, the Saskatchewan trip to the Crooked Trees, some from my Unfinished House series, a trip to the Forestry Trunk Road, some Heartland images, the trip to the Nordegg Minesite, the fall prospecting trip, and the recent trip to Kananaskis...
















At the end of the week, with the subfloor completed, I headed back out to the lake to pick up the girls.  They had a blast hanging out all week with their cousins.  It was very hot and sunny by the end of the week and the kids spent most of their time out on the water.

No comments: