Monday, May 14, 2012

Yet More Testing

I bought a couple of boxes of new film... at least new to me.  This stuff is Adox CHS Art 50, and is supposed to be similar to the old Afga emulsions.   Although, to the best of my knowledge Agfa never offered an ISO 50 version.  I did some exposures with a step tablet and processed the film for varying times in Rodinal developer, diluted 1:50.  I now need to use my densitometer to read the film densities and the plot the results onto some graphs.  The results will help me to fine tune exposure and development.  This will all become easier now as I recently purchased a software program that plots the graphs.  In the past I always plotted these graphs by hand, which was a very time consuming process to say the least.  While I had the developer mixed up I also ran through a small batch of Efke PL25M, developed N+1.  Although I very much like this film, I am not a big fan of the N+1 development.  I find that for most images the contrast increase is too much.






  

No comments: