Monday, May 7, 2012

Summer Hockey Underway

I'm still scratching to get the Renegades roster together for the summer season, and to collect all of the league fees.  The season got underway last week, and we played our first game on Thursday May 4th.  We played a late game against the Avengers, basically the same team that called themselves the Green Hornets last summer.  Despite the fact that we didn't have a full roster we managed to win the game by a 6-3 score.  Unfortunately I was on the ice for all three goals against.  But I was also on for several of our goals for and think I must be about even in the plus/minus statistic.  I did get an assist, but also the only penalty of the game, for tripping.  I stood up one of their forwards at our blue line, and he sort of cart wheeled over my outstretched knee....
I got home after the game and got to sleep by about 1:00AM.  I had to sleep quickly as I was getting up early that morning to head to the mountains with the Monochrome Guild guys for the annual "Spring Photo Weekend".  I booked Friday off from work... one of the few days I will be able to take this year.

No comments: