Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Weekend Day Trips

A couple of weekends ago it was really sunny and warm and my friend Gerald and I went out for a day trip.  We headed south of the city to the Battle Lake area to make some photographs.  

 We had limited time, so it was a fairly quick trip.  Partly I was playing around with my new medium format panoramic camera.  This is the "made-in-China" 624 Gaeorsi.  The format is 6cm x 24cm, or approx. 2" x 10".  It records three images on a roll of 120 medium format film.


A week later on the occasion of my 48th Birthday I went out again, to the same area, with my friend Rob.  This time the weather was noticeably colder.  Things had taken a turn during the previous week and we had fresh snow, overcast skies, and cooler temperatures.  All the same it was still nice to get out.  This time I was again playing around with the Gaeorsi, but I also brought along my 4x5.


It was an enjoyable day and I think I captured some images that will be worthy of some darkroom prints.  The attached images are snapshots that I took with my digital point-and-shoot while we were out doing more serious work.  Once I unload the film holders and process the film I will see if any of the resulting negatives are worth some time in the darkroom.

No comments: