Sunday, April 10, 2011

Panorama

Despite the agony of defeat... as a result of my recent hockey setback, I managed to pull things together and go on with my life.  I went out on a day trip this morning with my close friend Gerald.  I brought along a new camera that I recently purchased.  This is a Chinese made panoramic medium format camera.  I was drawn to this system as it utilizes standard large format lenses.  I already own several lenses that are compatible with this system.  All are in the range of 120mm to 210mm focal length.  This camera is based on the extreme 624 format.  It allows the photographer to expose three images onto a roll of 120 roll film.  The resulting negatives are approx. 2" x 10", or 6cm by 24cm... hence the name.  Gerald and I took a drive southwest of the city and explored around the Battle Lake area.  It was not only a chance to try out the new camera... but also and opportunity to visit, and to simply enjoy the day.  The skies were clear, the temperature mild, and there was almost no wind.  It was very pleasant compared to what we have experienced in the past few months.  Attached is a scan of one of my first attempts at the 624 format.  For this one I utilized my Nikkor W 180mm lens.  I think it will be interesting to see what else this format yields in the next little while.  I also did some shooting today with my Hasselblad.  As I find time to get around to processing some of the film that I shot today with that square format system, I will post some of the better images.


No comments: