Sunday, March 13, 2011

California B&W

About a week ago I processed the 35mm B&W film that I shot on our trip to Disneyland.  I think I have gained a renewed appreciation for the "postage stamp" sized format.  I'm used to 4" x 5" and even 8" x 10" sheets of film.  The 35mm negative is so small... about 1" x 1-3/8".  I have a really difficult time editing the negatives and deciding which are worth printing.  I am often unpleasantly surprised to find that when the image is enlarged there are technical flaws... out of focus, inadequate depth of field, etc.  But, the small camera sure is portable and provides for spontaneous shooting.  I have decided to try and carry my 35mm camera with me a little more often and try to shoot with it more regularly.  In the mean time, here are a few scans from our recent trip to Disneyland and southern California.  A couple of these are probably even worth a print...



No comments: