Thursday, December 29, 2011

Pre-Christmas Day Trip

On December 23rd, the shopping was all done, my shop was closed, the weather was mild, and I had a chance to get out for a solo day trip.  For several years now I have been working on a photo essay about an old abandoned farm.  A good sized new home was under construction in this yard, right beside the old farm house.  Then, in the early 1990's the husband of the family passed away.  The yard was abandoned and the big new house left unfinished.  Twenty years later the place remains abandoned and is slowly falling apart.  I decided to return on this day and photograph the unfinished house again.  I had shot here many times before, but never in winter, or with a skiff of snow on the ground.






After shooting here for a while I looped around through Andrew, and eventually in the direction of home.  There is an old stone building in Andrew that I have always wanted to photograph.  The low, clear light was just right so I thought I would give it a try.  A met an gentleman named Cecil who informed me that the railway had come through town in 1928, and this building was obviously constructed a year later.


No comments: