Monday, August 7, 2023

Semi Final Victory

My Renegades Hockey Team managed to sweep our opponents, the second place Chiefs, in the best of three semi-final series in summer hockey.  The first game, on July 25th was a really close one.  We were down by a score of 5-4 with only two minutes left in the game.  Then we scored to tie it, and a few seconds later scored the go ahead goal.  We hung on for a hard fought 6-5 victory.  I injured my shoulder in a collision in the first period,but managed to finish the game. I was pretty sore for the next week or so after the game.
With my shoulder feeling quite a bit better I suited up with the rest of my team for game two on Tuesday August 1st.  The Cheifs came out very determined to avoid elimination, and were not nearly as yappy as they usually have been in the past.  They scored the first goal, a power play shot that deflected in off of our goalie's mask.  Then we scored three unanswered goals and were hanging on to a 3-1 lead going into the third period.  They got a goal back about 3-1/2 minutes into the third to make it interesting.  But we scored an insurance goal with 3 minutes left, and then added an empty netter to coast to a 5-2 victory and eliminate the Chiefs.
The final round will begin on August 10th and we have to wait and see if our opponent will be the Metalheadz or the Sea Changers.  I started a playoff beard with our first game on the 25th.  It's starting to get pretty scratchy and I'll have to see if I can hang on until the bitter end and keep it going until the end of the finals in mid-August.



No comments: