Sunday, March 21, 2021

Winter 2021 - Game Camera Photos

I just returned from a couple of days out at Nordegg.  I was out by myself, trying to catch up on a few chores.  While I was there, I pulled the memory card from my game camera.  I tried to do this a couple of times over the winter, with no success.  The first time, the batteries in the camera had died in the cold.  The second time, I forgot to bring a spare card with me, so I had to leave it.  When I got home to the city tonight I had thousands of images on the card, taken between the beginning of January and today.  
The coldest temperature at which a photograph was taken was -27C, on January 28th.  We had some days that were colder than that, but obviously the animals were not moving around... or my batteries were frozen.  
Most of the images were of the herd of deer that hang around our property.  The bucks shed their antlers sometime in February.  There are a few other photos of ravens, magpies and the fox.  I also got a few of the neighbors dogs, which I didn't bother to post.
We had very little snow out at the cottage this winter and accumulation was minimal.  There is almost nothing left now, except for a few patches in shady areas.  It seems that we are destined for an early spring.  Some rain probably wouldn't hurt because it will be very dry and the risk of fires will be significant.














No comments: