Wednesday, March 3, 2021

Fall Colors

Here is yet another large format color negative, from the recently processed batch.  This one was taken at Rathtrevor Beach Provincial Park on Vancouver Island.  This park is near the city of Parksville, just up island from Nanaimo.  I shot this in October of 2019 when I was there with my friends Rob and Brad.  It was overcast, windy and drizzling rain on the day that we visited.  We chose to explore the park on that day because shooting in more open locations was not a good option given the weather conditions.  That seems like such a long time ago, but was only five months before this whole Covid mess started.  This was one of the only color shots that I took on that trip.  This was shot on Kodak Ektar 100 film with a 300mm lens.  I used a blue/yellow color polarizing filter to enhance the saturation of the yellow maple leaves.



No comments: