Monday, March 15, 2021

Spreading Creek Burn

I photographed up at the Spreading Creek Burn a couple of times last summer.  The first time was in July, when Hailey and I stopped there.  The second time, when I took this color photograph, was later in the fall when Margarit and I stopped there with our friends Arturo and Sharon.  This is an area along the headwaters of the North Saskatchewan River, just outside of Banff National Park.  A fire started within the park a few years back, and burned its way down the valley.  Some areas were heavily devastated, while others were relatively untouched.  I've been fascinated by the way that some of these burned trunks look like Totem Poles.  
This image was shot with my 4x5 view camera on color negative film and is part of the large batch that I recently processed.  I've spent a lot of time the past couple of weeks catching up on not only processing, but also filing and organizing all of my color negatives and transparencies.  I keep a spreadsheet with detailed information not only about how the image was taken, but also location and date information.  I find it very helpful when I am looking for images for projects, or for return visits.



No comments: