Sunday, January 6, 2019

Last Day of the Holiday Break

I lived out my day today much as I hope to spend my imminent retirement.  I slept in a little, and got up around 9:00AM.  Margarit and I drove Hailey to work for the start of her shift at Noon, at West Edmonton Mall.  Then we headed over to the hardware store and picked up a few supplies... mostly for the ongoing Nordegg construction project.  We stopped at the shop for a bit.  I got Margarit to give me a hand moving the three bodies of the kitchen cabinets around.  We set them together and checked some measurements, and then moved them aside for the start of the work routine next week.
I also had her give me a hand to slice up a couple of sheets of plywood that I will need to construct the drawers to go into these cabinets.
After that he headed over to the Antique Malls up near Whyte Avenue and bought a bunch of stuff....
An old wood plane to display on one of our shelves... another antique window for one of the interior doors... an old barometer... an old step ladder... a few other little trinkets... all odds and ends stuff that will be used mostly for decor out at Nordegg...
Later we picked up Hailey at the end of her shift and then headed home.  A relaxing day... a little expensive... but pretty enjoyable all the same...

No comments: