Wednesday, October 24, 2018

Afternoon Drive with Cameras

Last weekend, after I finished up a few chores at the cottage, I packed up early and set out on a Sunday drive with my cameras.  I had finished up the furnace installation, and the fitting of a bronze exhaust flue to our kitchen range.  I headed in the general direction of home, but took some extra time to wander around a bit.
I didn't see any wild horses along the highway this time.  Seems they are out more in poor weather conditions and don't hang around the highway much during nice weather.  I did see a few deer along the way though.
I came across a junkyard full of old vehicles.  There was some heavy industrial stuff here that was fairly intriguing... including a crane, a snowplow and an old firetruck.  I didn't wander in without permission but kept a record of the location so that I can return at some point when there is more time.
I had passed an abandoned farm house up in the Medicine Lodge Hills many times on my way too and from Nordegg.  This time I actually stopped to check it out and shot it with my big camera.  I also made time to stop at the old school house in Ponoka County and this time I caught it before the light of the day had faded.
On a big slough near Crestomere there was a huge flock of swans.  Mixed in with them were a lot of ducks and geese as well.  Obviously they are preparing for their imminent migration south.  I got a snap shot of a few of them near the shore.
It was nice to get back to photography for a change and I look forward to making more time for it in the coming weeks.  Now that the bulk of the work at the cottage is looked after, at least for the season, there should be more time for other things...







No comments: